Wednesday 20 March 2013

Worst Sinner's Prayer



I am the worst sinner, o Lord. I have wasted my life destroying the precious gift of life from You. I have hurt You, wounded You and disgraced You. I have exchanged the shinning robe of glory with a torn robe of shame. Shame is my friend during the day and guilt is my companion throughout the night. Peace has been taken away from me. Guilt becomes by torment day and night. Regret, unforgiving and self-hatred strongly despise me.  Angry words, and judgmental attitudes are fired at me. There is no one to blame. Everyone is more righteous than me. I can accept their angry words and judgmental attitudes. All the pains I am experiencing, are the consequences of my own doings and I should expect for more. I don’t expect to redeem my wrong doings with my own sufferings for it can never redeem anything out from me.

I have deeply disappointed those who love me and put high expectations on me. I should be buried in the deepest ocean, being forgotten forever. I shouldn’t be remembered with any tombstone. If I do have a tombstone, it has to be nameless. I have trampled Your grace and humiliate Your forgiveness. Heaven is not a place for a sinner like me. I am dammed too sinful for the community in heaven. Hell is prepared for me and I am welcomed by the eerie sounds from hell. I am alienated, estranged and banished from love. There is no friend in hell. No acceptance, only condemnation. No more welcoming, no more hospitality for I am not worthy for a loving hug, not worthy of a ring, not worthy of a new robe nor a banquet. Too many times, I have nailed you on the cross. Although I die a thousand cruel deaths I can’t redeem myself. I believe in Your love and grace but I am truly no longer worthy to be accepted by You. Eternal separation, rotting, loneliness, banishment is but too little compared to the disappointment that I have caused in You and my fellow human beings.

Kekuatan Kelemahlembutan - Bilangan 12